Create PAIA Manual Online @ Only R125
What is PAIA?
PAIA is legislation that creates the framework to the right to access information enshrined in section 32 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa.
Summary of the PAIA Act:
The Promotion of Access to Information Act, No. 2 of 2000 (hereinafter referred to as “PAIA” or “the Act”) is the National legislation which was enacted to give effect to the Constitutional Right of Access to Information. PAIA was promulgated in 2000, and came into operation on 9 March 2001, and section 14 for public bodies and 51 for private bodies came into operation on 15 February 2002.
What is the objective of PAIA?
- To promote transparency, accountability and effective governance of all public and private bodies, by empowering and educating everyone to understand their rights in terms of PAIA so that they are able to exercise their right in relation to public and private bodies, to understand the functions and operation of national spheres/public bodies, and to
- Effectively scrutinize, and participate in decision making by public bodies that affects their rights.
- To ensure that the state takes part in promoting a human rights culture and social justice.
- To encourage openness and to establish voluntary and mandatory mechanisms or procedures which give effect to the right of access to information in a speedy, inexpensive and effortless manner as reasonable possible.
PAIA gives you the right of access to:
- Any information held by the State; and
- Any information that is held by another person and that is required for the exercise or protection of any rights.
Who must do what?
As a private body, you are obliged in terms of Section 51 to lodge your manual. This means that if you are in business as a sole proprietor, partnership, close corporation, private or public company, business trust, bodies corporate or co-operative, you are required to compile and file a PAIA Manual.
What if I don't?
All Section 51 Manuals MUST be lodged with the SAHRC in terms of the PAIA Act – failure to do so can result in penalties. Penalties for non-compliance include but are not limited to, "a fine or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding two years."
What is a Section 51 Manual?
The PAIA manual or PAIA form is the essence of the PAIA Act.
ABC 2 BEE allows you to build your PAIA manual, which will then be emailed to you for you to place on your website and to submit to the SAHRC.
What are the costs for creating a PAIA Manual on ABC 2 BEE?
The complete QuickPAIA manual, including email copy in Word format (so that you can edit your PAIA manual if you need to make changes) as well as PDF format (to email when needed, lodge it with the SAHRC and to add PAIA Manual to your website)
Create PAIA Manual online for only R125.00.